As a result of the union of ten organizations, Designed for Move is an initiative which aims for developing programs aimed at creating early, positive experiences for kids in sport and physical activity. Collectively these ten Champion organizations intend to direct up to $16 million in resources over three years to fight the physical inactivity epidemic in Brazil.
Properties who joined integrate a chain of responsible production, focused on preserving areas and combating deforestation and slave labor
With investments of + Unidos Group – which includes American companies established in Brazilian territory in partnership with the Embassy of the United States of Brazil, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) – the project +Unidos pela Amazônia obtained good results in the second quarter of in 2013. Continue reading With + Unidos support, Aliança da Terra evaluates more than 30 farms for inclusion in its register of environmental monitoring
Ford Odontomóvel started this month its 11th year of activity, bringing free dental care to truck drivers and poor communities all over Brazil.
Ford Odontomóvel started this month its 11th year of activity, bringing free dental care to truck drivers and poor communities all over Brazil. The 2010 agenda began last week of March, in Guarulhos, SP, where it remained for five days. From there, Odontomóvel will continue its trip fulfilling the roadmap which will extend until December, with 50 stops scheduled in cities in the states of Sao Paulo, Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro, Santa Catarina, Sergipe, Rio Grande do Sul, Paraná, Minas Gerais, Bahia, Pernambuco and Ceará.
This year, the Odontomóvel should cover some 60,000 km and has a projection to provide care to around 9,700 people, 25 percent more than in 2009. “We will also increase by 15 percent the number of children in schools and distribute 30 percent greater volume of dental hygiene kits. In other words, we want to reach 1,900 children and 12,300 kits,” says the dentist Cássio de Mello, who conceived the project in partnership with Ford Heavy Trucks operations. “It’ll be exhaustive, but we expect once again a satisfactory return,” he added.
The dental hygiene kits distributed by the project – a kit containing toothbrush, paste, floss, mouthwash and a booklet with guidelines on hygiene and prevention of oral cancer – sponsored by Johnson and Listerine. The companies Gnatus, Revescap, Carrier and the magazine “O Carreteiro” are other supporters.
“Odontomóvel is a fantastic project as social point of view. It can reach people who never experienced a dentist and those who never used a toothbrush. His work to raise awareness of oral hygiene is a reference in Brazil and the recognition of Odontomóvel on all roads in the country confirms the success of this project within 10 years of continuous work,” says Pedro de Aquino, Ford Heavy Trucks’ Marketing manager.
In addition to truck drivers and children, Ford Odontomóvel will give this year a special focus on the elderly care. “It’s easy to find actions for children, while the third age, in general, does not receive the necessary attention to the oral hygiene issue. So we want to emphasize the care for the elderly,” says Mello.
The Odontomóvel wil also continue to develop the work of oral cancer prevention, in partnership with three institutions: the Estate University of Londrina (UEL), Federal University of Bahia (UFBA) and the São Paulo University (USP – Ribeirão Preto).
Mounted on a Ford Cargo heavy truck 815E, the Odontomóvel has all the equipment found in most modern offices, including autoclave for instruments sterilizing, intraoral camera, vacuum pump and reflector with LEDs. It remains on average two to three days at each site, at points of large numbers of truck drivers, like gas stations, markets and Ford dealers, as well as schools and events in partnership with highway concessionaires and local governments.
In the 10 years completed in 2009, the “Smiling with Ford” project have reached significant numbers. It has attended more than 34,700 truck drivers and 10,000 people in the community and conducted more than 120,000 procedures, including consultation, prophylaxis, scrapes, fillings, surgery and emergencies. Also promoted lectures to more than 80,000 children in 155 schools and distributed more than 125,000 dental hygiene kits. In total, has traveled 316,805 kilometers and visited 366 cities in 22 states.
· 22/23 March – Guarulhos, SP – Rod Pres. Dutra, 222 km north
· 24/25/26 March – Guarulhos, SP – Rod Pres. Dutra, 210 km south
· March 30 to April 1 – Sao Paulo, SP – Rod Castelo Branco, 29 km North
· April 05/06 – Sao Paulo, SP – Green Cross
· 07/08/09 April – São Carlos, SP – Rod Washington Luis, 222 km south
· 13/14/15 April – Matão, SP – Rod Washington Luis, 299 km south
· 19/20/21 April – Brasília, DF – Trucks Distributor
· 22/23/24 April – Luziânia, GO – Slaviero Trucks Distributor Max Ford
· 28/29/30 April – Itatiaia, RJ – Rod Pres Dutra, 316 km south
· 03 to 07 May – Joinville, SC – Festa do Milho
· May11/12/13 – Ribeirão Preto, SP – Rod Anhanguera, 328.8 km south
· 17/18 May – Sao Paulo, SP – Green Cross
· 26/27/28 May – Guaratinguetá, SP – Rod Pres. Dutra, 58.6 km South
· 01/02 June – Sao Paulo, SP – Green Cross
· 09 to 13 June – Itabaiana, SE – Itabaiana Events Square
· June16/17/18 – São Carlos, SP – Rod Washington Luis, 222 km south
· June23/24/25 – Resende, RJ – Rod Pres. Dutra, 299 km south
· 28/29/30 June – Matão, SP – Rod Washington Luis, 299 km south
· 14/15/16/17 July – Aparecida, SP – Basilica of Aparecida
· 23/24/25 July – Guarulhos, SP – Rod Pres. Dutra, 210 km south
· 29/30/31 July – Vacaria, RS – Rod BR 116, km 33, No. 13,600
· 02/03 August – San Marcos, RS – Topline
· 04/05/06 August – Caxias do Sul, RS – Konrad Ford Trucks
· 12/13/14 August – Ponta Grossa, PR – Konrad Ford Trucks
· 16/17/18/19 August – Londrina, PR – Konrad Ford Trucks
· 25/26/27 August – Resende, RJ – Rod Pres. Dutra, 299 km south
· 28/29/30/31 August – Rio de Janeiro, RJ – Assistance to communities
· 08/09/10 September – São Paulo, SP – Green Cross
· September14/15/16 – Ribeirão Preto, SP – Rod Anhanguera, 328.8 km south
· 20/21/22 September – Matão, SP – Rod Washington Luis, 299 km south
· 23 and 24 September – São Carlos, SP – Rod Washington Luis, 222 km south
· 28/29/30 September – São Paulo, SP – Rod Castelo Branco, 29 km North
· 05/06/07 October – São Paulo, SP – Green Cross
· 12 -16 October – Belo Horizonte, MG – Truck drivers and community
· 18 to 24 October – To de defined – Oral Health Week
· 27/28 October – Resende, RJ – Rod Pres. Dutra, 299 km south
· 04/05/06 November – Curitiba, PR – Konrad Ford Trucks
· 09/10/11 November – Mafra, SC – Konrad Ford Trucks
· 13/14/15 November – Itajaí, SC – Santa Rosa Truck Show
· 17/18 November – Sao Paulo, SP – Green Cross
· 23 to 26 November – Salvador, BA – Service to the community
· 01 to 04 December – Recife, PE – Service to the community
· 06/07/08 de dezembro – Fortaleza, CE – Service to the community
Document is the first Sustainability Report of KPMG in Brazil. Continue reading KPGM publishes its Sustainability Report 2009-2010